Gateway Guppy Associates' 2019 Annual IFGA SHOW
Ship All Entries To:
44 Lions Head Court
O'Fallon, MO 63368
GATEWAY GUPPY ASSOCIATES
IFGA SANCTIONED SHOW
June 8-9, 2019
Holiday Inn Airport West
3400 Rider Trail South
Earth City, MO 63045
To make reservations:
-By phone, at (314) 291-6800 or (888) 233-9450 and give the Block Code GGA
-Online, click on this link: Gateway Guppy Associates Booking Link
You can cancel up until 6 pm the day before arrival with no charge.
The room rate is $109 plus taxes and hotel will guarantee rate until May 17, 2019.
Any difficulty making arrangements, please contact
Jack or Cathy Mertz at 636-294-0922 or email@example.com
Check in is 3pm; check out is 12 pm
A hot breakfast is furnished up to 2 guests per room.
Directions to the hotel: from I-70 take Exit 231B, Earth City Expressway North. Follow Earth City Expressway ¼ mile to Rider Trail South. Turn left onto Rider Trail South to the hotel on the left (Stay in right lane so you DO NOT turn where it says to go left to I-70 West).
Hotel does furnish airport shuttle from Lambert International Airport (STL) and to attractions within 5 miles of the Hotel (Hollywood/Ameristar Casinos and Main Street in St. Charles).
FRIDAY JUNE 7
2:00 PM Set Up (if hotel available)
SATURDAY JUNE 8
8:30 AM Entries open
2:00 PM Entries close
2:30 PM Judging Begins
Hospitality to Follow
SUNDAY JUNE 9
8:00 AM Showroom opens
9:00 AM Auction
Entry show forms need to indicate whether award cards or plaques are desired. Entry show forms may be obtained on the IFGA website: www.ifga.org under the Show Section.
No fish will be allowed to be removed from the show bench prior to the scheduled de-benching unless arrangements have been made prior to the show by either of the show chairmen.
44 Lions Head Court
O'Fallon, MO 63368
Courtesy email prior to shipping is appreciated.
Use the carrier’s "no signature required” option, if available.
Please ship early! No exceptions on Friday acceptance!
Shipped in entries must be received before 5:00 PM Friday, June 7, 2019 or they will not be entered in the show. Entries must include completed entry show forms and exhibitor’s phone number. All entries must be prepaid. Sufficient return shipping fare, bags and return labels must be included if fish are to be returned. Breather Bags may be used for shipping to/from the show. IF Breather Bags are used, Breather Bags must be supplied for the return. Otherwise, minimum size 3” x 10” bags are required to return fish per IFGA rules.
1. All entries must be registered by 2:00 PM local time on Saturday, June 8, 2019.
2. Exhibitor will determine the class of entry. Assistance will be available at the show prior to registration.
3. All entries improperly classified will be disqualified.
4. Tanks will be furnished; no plants, decorations, or gravel will be allowed to be displayed with the fish.
5. Every precaution will be taken against loss of fish; however, GATEWAY GUPPY ASSOCIATES and the IFGA assume no responsibility for any loss of fish.
6. All entries must be born and raised in the exhibitor’s tanks.
7. Fish will be judged visually according to IFGA standards. A uniform black background and available fluorescent, incandescent, halogen and natural lighting will be used.
8. Judging will be according to IFGA standards and all decisions of the judges will be final.
9. All entry fees must be paid at time of registration. Shipped entries, which are to be returned, must include return postage fees and mailing label, along with bags for returning fish. No entry fees will be refunded after fish are benched.
10. Sale of fish, other than through the GGA Sunday auction or GGA Special Sale, is strictly prohibited and may result in forfeiture of points received at show.
11. Fish that are received dead or that die during the show will not be returned. Returning dead fish can contaminate the live fish being returned.
12. The auction will be a standard verbal auction. Entries to be auctioned must be clearly noted on the entry show form. Females of the same strain must be included with all males and males must be included with all females to be auctioned. No single males or females will be auctioned without a mate. Additional trios and pairs may be sent to be placed in the auction and should be clearly marked with the breeders name, strain and age of fish. G.G.A. will retain 50% of the sale of all auctioned fish. Any fish not receiving an opening bid or does not have an appropriate mate will be retained by GGA.
13. All entries will be benched and de-benched by GGA members only. All travel boxes to be kept in exhibitors’ rooms. NO EXCEPTIONS! All entries should be placed in the next available position within the class. No one, other than individuals appointed by the show chairmen may move or re-arrange tanks already positioned on the show bench prior to judging!
Tanks, Deltas, Females, and Breeders
1st place: plaque and certificate
2nd-4th place: certificates
Best of show
1st place – 4th place: plaque and certificate
Single (1 male or 1 female) $2.00
Tank (2 matched males) $3.00
Breeders (5 matched males) $4.00
(3 matched females) $4.00
Juniors (16 years or younger) Free
Single male and single female entries will be displayed in one quart plastic tanks. A female may be added to the male but will not be judged.
Tank entries consist of two matched males and will be displayed in a one-half gallon plastic tank. A female may be added but will not be judged.
Breeder entries consist of 5 matched males or three matched females and will be displayed in a 1 1/4 gallon tank. Two females may be added to the breeder male entry but will not be judged.
Junior class is open to anyone 16 years of age or younger that has raised their own fish.
The Novice class is open to anyone who has never won a 1st or 2nd place IFGA Annual Class Award.
There are four probationary classes for the 2019 show season: H/B White Delta, H/B White Tank and All Color Widetail, All Color Widetail Tank.
NOTE: These 4 new classes are probationary classes and will remain so for all of 2019. The classes will be sponsored by the IFGA and year-end Annual Awards will be given out.
Points WILL NOT count toward Grand Overall Male, however. Half-black White and Widetails (Caudal angle = 80 degrees plus) may continue to be shown in the H/B Pastel and regular color classes without disqualification and all points will count toward the class awards as well as Grand Overall Male.