Below you will find a list of the current year's shows, dates and locations. Please click on the club name for the premium list with further information on the rules, and entry. We look forward to seeing you all at this year's shows!
Support Our Local Show System. If you do not currently have any Guppies to enter, support the local club with a donation.
Hello IFGA Members,
It certainly is a trying time for all of us, and as most of you know, three of our shows have been cancelled and another rescheduled. With the spreading of Covid 19, it is realistic to expect additional cancellations may be coming. In response to the many issues that have arisen as a result of these changes, I have conveyed the Executive Committee to respond to these issues as many of them cannot wait until the annual meeting for resolution. The items listed below will now take effect as of today. Please pass them along to your club members. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thanks to Tom Allen, ET Mellor, Jim Alderson, Stephen Kwartler, Jim Gourlie and Paul Muscatiello for their help and assistance with these issues. Stay safe and healthy.
The following rules are now in effect for IFGA Shows and Awards.
1. 2020 and 2021 show seasons are combined for any shows held. The Chicago show in 2020 will not be considered an annual if held. Annual awards will not be distributed at this show with a banquet at the clubs discretion.
2. Trophy sponsorships will carry over to 2021 and sponsorship fees will not be collected for 2021.
3. Club dues of $35 per club for this year will still be required as expenses are still incurred.
4. No fines for show cancellation or rescheduling.
5. No changes in show rotation status for any club that cancels. Show rotation order for 2021 & 2022 continues without change
6. Judging requirements are postponed until 2021.
7. If the Chicago show is cancelled, a virtual meeting will be held via GoToMeeting or similar service.
8. The 2022 annual is awarded to Chicago due to the cancellation this year.
*For consistency for every show, please click on the show classes buttons below to view show classes.
March 28 & 29, 2020 CANCELLED Utah
April 18 & 19, 2020 CHANGED Gateway
May 16 & 17, 2020 CANCELLED Michigan
June 13 & 14, 2020 CANCELLED New England
July 11 & 12, 2020 CANCELLED Gateway
Aug. 1 & 2, 2020 CANCELLED Deep South
Sept. 12 & 13, 2020 CANCELLED South Jersey
Oct. 9,10 & 11, 2020 CANCELLED Chicago
The IFGA announces, regrettably, that all of the sanctioned all-guppy shows for 2020 have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Member clubs hosting 2020 shows were given the option to reschedule their shows at a date later in the 2020 show season. Every club opted to cancel rather than jeopardize the wellness and safety of their club members and guests because of the unpredictably of the virus and the lack of information on the availability of a vaccine. A new 2021 show schedule will be posted to as soon as it becomes available.